Friday, March 17, 2006

 

Day 10

While attempting to cook up my dinner, I opened up a package of my veggie chicken and found out promptly that it had gone bad, and stunk quite a bit. Opted instead for tacos but couldn't find the "Pam" or other stick-avoiding spray. Decided to use butter, but I didn't have any, so I had to borrow Doug and Lisa's "imitation butter spread" from the fridge, which I'm assuming is *like* butter. I'm now fascinated by this imitation butter spread. Why not real butter? Or margarine? Probably some vegetarian thing.

Speaking of fridges, I also saw a letter from the vet talking about some cat named "Hera" hanging on the fridge. Either I've lost another cat (see Day 1) or I've discovered Piggie's true name. However, given Piggie is a girl, I prefer the name Piggie as it can become Miss Piggie (cf: The Muppets).

This household clearly shops at Costco or some other bulk-buying place - I open a bathroom cabinet and find approximately 400 toilet paper rolls; I open a kitchen cabinet and find around 100 cat food tins and 10 pasta packages. But, when it comes time to use the dishwasher, they have but a single squeeze-bottle of dishwashing liquid, hidden in the back of a cupboard, buried under plastic bags. Took me like 10 minutes to find that bloody thing. It's too bad I can't wash dishes with toilet paper. Maybe I'll try that next time.

This morning Piggie was sitting by the front door, looking up at the door handle. Either she misses Doug and Lisa, or she wanted to go outside. Both seem equally implausible. In any case, there's no way I'm unleashing that cat on an unsuspecting world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?