Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

Day 12

Huzzah! I'm also watering Lisa's plants while she's gone, and an "African Desert Violet" has flowered under my watch. As a non-gardner, I can only assume that a plant with "African Desert" in the name doesn't flower very often.

I credit this miracle to my innate green thumb. I think my mix of once-weekly waterings, plus ignoring the plants the rest of the week, is a very successful plant-management technique. I call it the "tough love" theory of plant management, and the flowering violet proves it works. Of course we would have to ignore the leaves falling off the other plants. I think they were like that when I got here though. Lisa clearly doesn't have my innate green thumb. She'd do well to adopt my tough love theory. But maybe not with respect to Norah.

Hey, look down there at Day 9! A comment! I just noticed. Good to know someone's reading!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?