Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

Day 15

Piggie has gone back to her under-bed-hiding ways today, as the maid has arrived and given her a good scare. I was also scared when I heard someone unexpectedly banging around downstairs, but at least I didn't hide under the bed. Piggie's a wimp.

Mojo's made a full recovery. The carpets have not. I'm hoping said maid will work some magic, maybe like in Mary Poppins or something, and fix the carpets. If not, I'm thinking I should break out the bleach!

So it turns out my green thumb may be a bit black after all. I watered the plants yesterday and couldn't help but notice that half of them were dying (but not dead!). I overcompensated and gave them more water, which will hopefully help them. However, so far during my house-sitting stay I have: 1) killed plants; 2) broken the computer; 3) made Mojo sick; and 4) Doug's car squeals like a pig sometimes when I start it now. Somehow, I'm doubting I will be getting this gig again. But on the bright side, at least no one has broken in! Assuming, of course, that that is in fact the maid and not a thief. But if she is a thief, she's an obsessive-compulsive thief who cleans as she goes. Though she may just be wiping fingerprints off...

My last full day of house-sitting! Tomorrow Lisa's mom comes and takes over the job. This is likely to be my last post. Thanks for reading! My dream is that this blog will be preserved and when Norah turns 18, Doug and Lisa will show her this blog, and Norah will say:

Who the hell are Piggie and Mojo?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?