Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Chain Mails

So the other day I got a chain email that said "Send this out to 15 friends in the next 13 minutes or you will be doomed to bad luck!" A number of thoughts, and this is purely hypothetical (I'd like to think I have 15 friends. I'd count them but I only have so many fingers):

- What if I didn't have 15 friends to send it out to? Why do I get assessed a "friendless" penalty of being doomed to bad luck because I don't have enough friends? Isn't this like kicking someone when they're down? "You have no friends - and now you have bad luck! Ahahahahaha!"

- To avoid the bad luck, should I start mailing out to random people so as to meet the 15 person quota? Wouldn't that annoy the people who get the email? How, exactly, does that create 'good luck', by pissing off random strangers?

- What's with the 13 minute time limit? Is that tacked on there so I have a chance to make some friends quickly to hit the magic number 15? If I haven't made 15 friends to this point in my life, am I likely to hit a groove where I can get 15 friends in the next 13 minutes?

In short, it seems chain mails like these are thinly disguised attempts by the "cool" kids at my old high school to make me feel bad. I mean, hypothetically.

Anyways, a guy keeps leaving messages on my answering machine, telling me to call my mother. Weird.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?