Sunday, July 29, 2007

 

Creepy...

In keeping with the horror theme of last post, I was awoken at 5am this morning by a phone call. It was a text message (which apparently can be delivered to phones, with a computer-voice reading out the text) from a local number I didn't recognize. All that it said was "Are you sleeping?"

Now I don't know about you, but I find that hearing a disembodied, mechanical voice ask me "are you sleeping" at 5 in the morning is pretty freaky. If I had a cell phone, I would have texted back "It's 5-frickin'-o'clock in the AM. When do you normally sleep? And why are you texting me when it just rings the phone anyways? PS I will find you."

My last day. The cats meow incessently. I feed them but they meow more. I pet them but they meow more. I don't know what more they want from me!!! Just like my last cat-sitting, this gig has once again convinced me that I shouldn't own cats.

A final observation: I found a catnip toy and threw it to Piggie. She went nuttier than Mr. Peanut. I think that cat has a problem; this must make me an enabler.

Comments:
I think the cats are telling you that they're going to miss you ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?